The First and Second Decree of the Committee of Pious-Uses in Leedes

The Leeds Committee of Pious Uses was formed in 1620 and administered the management of the town’s Charities.

Leeds Central Library holds Thomas Wilson’s transcription of reports from the Committee in 1620 and 1661. In 1926, a printed transcription of Wilson’s edition was published – but without an acknowledgement of the source material and its author.

Please contact the Local and Family History department on 0113 37 86982 or via to arrange a viewing of this book. Two forms of ID will be required.